Chinachem Hollywood Centre
Suite 801, 1 Hollywood Road, Central
Lamb Building, 3rd Floor South
Temple, London EC4Y 7AS
Independent Practitioner (1996-1997); Partner of Nordia Law Firm (1998-2010); Partner of Horten (2011-2014); Member of Copenhagen Chambers (2015-2017).
Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators; Chartered Arbitrator.
Having a background as a transaction (M&A), corporate & commercial lawyer, including substantial experience in drafting a variety of international commercial contracts, Mr Schiersing is often involved as arbitrator in disputes related to international commercial contracts in the areas of not least company law, energy and offshore, construction and infrastructure, distribution and agency, reinsurance and insurance as well as other long term contracts, maritime contracts and international sales contracts.
Mr Schiersing has served/is serving as arbitrator, often presiding arbitrator/chairman, under the rules of e.g. the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC), the Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC), the Finland Arbitration Institute (FAI), the Danish Institute of Arbitration (DIA) and in various domestic and international ad hoc arbitrations, including under the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules (1976 and 2010). He is one of the leading Scandinavian authorities on the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules. He is also experienced in acting as an umpire or as arbitrator in arbitral tribunals with an umpire structure.
In investment disputes, Mr Schiersing has served as arbitrator appointed by the host state and counsel to host states and investors.
- The Danish Arbitration Act – A Commentary (2016)
- Reinsurance – Selected Legal Topics (2013)
- On the Construction of Offshore Windfarms – Legal Issues (2017 – upcoming)
- On Offshore Construction Contracts (2017 – upcoming)
- On Presiding Arbitrator, Umpire and Referee – What’s in a Name (2017 – upcoming)
- On Construction Contracts under English law, part 1 (2016)
- On the IBA Guidelines on Conflicts of Interest in Recent Court Decisions (2016)
- On Mock-Trials (2015)
- On Arbitration in England (2015)
- On Price and Volume Risk in Long Term Energy Contracts (2014)
- On Reinsurance and the Pro-Rata Rule (2013)
- On "Validity" and "Existence" of an Arbitration Agreement (2011)
- On the Advance of Cost in Arbitration (2011)
- On "Full" Versus "Reasonable" Possibility to Present your Case in Arbitration (2011)
- On Interim Measures in Arbitration – Time for Revising the Rules (2010)
- On the Concept of "Investment" in the Danish Bilateral Investment Treaties (2010)
- On the Legal Protection of Investments in Foreign Countries (2009)