Cristina E. Alexe
40 Ardealului Street, apt. 2
Previously: Managing Associate and Co-Head of the International Arbitration Practice Group with major Romanian law firms, Popovici Nițu Stoica & Asociații (2003-2014) and Senior Associate with Mușat & Asociații (1998-2003)
Fellow Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (2016); LCIA European Users’ Council (2013); ICCA (International Council for Commercial Arbitration) (2017); ITA (Institute for Transnational Law) (2017)
ICC International Court of Arbitration (ICC), Vienna International Arbitration Center (VIAC), Court of International Commercial Arbitration attached to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania (CICA CCIR) and the Court of Arbitration of the Romanian-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry (AHK Court of Arbitration)
More than 45 arbitrations under ICC Rules, Rules of CICA CCIR, ICSID and UNCITRAL as counsel.
Acting as co-arbitrator in Twelve (12) arbitrations. One (1) ICC case and eleven (11) under the Rules of CICA CCIR.
Over 20 publications on international arbitration and commercial law among which the latest:
- “Latest Amendment to New Civil Procedure Code Cures Unclear Setting Aside Provision”, Global Developments Section in ICC Dispute Resolution Bulletin Issue no. 1 of 2018.
- "Interpreting one version of a pathological arbitration clause under the ICC Rules”, Revista Română de Arbitraj (Romanian Arbitration Journal) no. 3/2016.
- "From Autonomy to Delocalisation in international commercial arbitration – the French experience and the Romanian echo” co-author together with F. Nitu (In Romanian, original title: ”De la autonomia clauzei arbitrale la doctrina delocalizării – experienţa franceză şi efectele ei în spaţiul românesc”, Revista Română de Arbitraj (Romanian Arbitration Journal) no. 3/2014; (in Romanian).
- "The Civil Trial Judge Between an Active Role and Arbitrariness”, vol. I and vol. II, CH Beck Publishing House, Bucharest, 2008; (in Romanian, original title: “Judecătorul în procesul civil, între rol activ şi arbitrar”).
- Co-author "The Binding Character of Arbitral Awards”, coord. By D. M. Şandru şi Andrei Săvescu, Universitaria Publishing House, Bucharest, 2012; (in Romanian, original title “Forţa juridică a hotărârilor arbitrale”).