Yee Leong Chong
One Marina Boulevard #28-00
Prior to joining Allen & Gledhill in 2013, Yee Leong was a Partner with another large Singapore law firm and previous to that, an international law firm, where he headed their international arbitration practices.
In 2018, he was among the inaugural batch of select practitioners to be recognised as a Senior Accredited Specialist in Building and Construction Law by the Singapore Academy of Law.
Chartered Arbitrator, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators – Fellow; Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) – Fellow; Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) – Director; Inter-Pacific Bar Association – Jurisdictional Council Member for Singapore; Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee for the Law Society of Singapore – Chairman.
Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC); Asian International Arbitration Centre; CIArb Presidential Panel of Arbitrators; Pacific International Arbitration Centre (PIAC).
List of Matters as Arbitrator
* Sole arbitrator in 24 SIAC – administered United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) international arbitrations arising out of sale and purchase of properties in Thailand.
* Chairman of two three-man Tribunal in two SIAC international arbitrations arising out of international sale of goods.
* Sole arbitrator in an SIAC international arbitration arising out of a joint venture for development of teak industry in Ghana.
* Sole arbitrator in an ad hoc international arbitration arising out of international sales of goods.
* Sole arbitrator in an ad hoc international arbitration arising out of a breach of an investment agreement.
* Emergency arbitrator in an SIAC international arbitration arising out of a breach of a shareholders agreement.
* Sole arbitrator in an ad hoc international arbitration arising out of investment in coal mine.
* Co-arbitrator in an ICC arbitration arising out of a Gas Supply Agreement in South Asia.
* Sole arbitrator in an SIAC arbitration arising out of a construction contract for Changi Airport.
Counsel in Arbitrations
* Four SIAC arbitrations arising from contracts relating to the construction of a jack up drilling rig.
* Two International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) arbitrations arising out of the construction of civil works of a hydroelectric plant in Laos.
* SIAC arbitration in relation to a dispute arising from an investment agreement in Thailand.
* ICC arbitration in relation to a patent licensing contract in India.
* KLRCA arbitration arising out of a large construction contract in relation to the world’s largest tunneling projects and world’s first dual used tunnel to-date.
* Ad hoc arbitration arising out of the construction of a pharmaceutical clean room facility in Malaysia.
* SIAC arbitration in relation to a dispute arising from a drilling contract for an oil block in Indonesia.
* KLRCA arbitration arising from a design contract for a container port in Malaysia.
* ICC arbitration relating to supply contract for steel mills.
* Ad hoc arbitration in relation to a distribution agreement.
* SIAC arbitration in relation to a sales and purchase of shares in a joint venture company for an education business in India.
* SIAC arbitration in relation to a mass rapid transit system in South East Asia.
* Two SIAC arbitrations in relation to a project for jack up rig in Central Asia.
* Two SIAC arbitrations in relation to a joint venture for education institutions in India.
Chapters in Books
* Singapore International Arbitration: Law & Practice (2018) LexisNexis, Contributing Author.
* Arbitration in Singapore: A Practical Guide (2018) Sweet & Maxwell, General Editor and Contributing Author.
* Singapore High Court sets aside investor-State arbitral award on basis that award dealt with dispute falling outside the bounds of arbitration agreement, January 2018, Law Society of Singapore – JusNewSG, Co-Author.
* “Reasonable Confusion – What Audi Did to Audi: Audi Construction Pte Ltd v Kian Hup Construction Pte Ltd”  1 SLR 317