Maria Beatriz Burghetto
8, rue de Presbourg
Research employee (Court of Appeal in Commercial Matters (Branch D) (Buenos Aires, 1992-1994); Assistant Professor, Private International Law (University of Buenos Aires, 1992-1994 / 2002); Associate (Cassini & Rosati, Buenos Aires, 1997); Associate (Consorcio Beccar Varela, Bunge, Fiorito & Lynch, Buenos Aires, 1994-1995); Foreign Lawyer (Herbert Smith, London, 1997-1998); Associate (Marval, O’Farrell & Mairal and Estudio Beccar Varela (Buenos Aires, 1999 and 2000-2002); Assistant Counsel (Court of International Arbitration of the ICC, Paris, 2002-2004); Associate/Counsel (Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP, Paris, 2005-present).
Current co-chair of the Latin American Commission (Paris Bar); Founding member and President of the French-Argentinean lawyers’ forum; Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators; Member, ICC Latin American group; Member of Arbitral Women.
Chartered Institute of Arbitrators; ICC Latin American Group; Association Française de l’Arbitrage (French Arbitration Association); International Arbitration Institute (IAI).
Managed over 100 arbitral proceedings and assisted the parties and the arbitrators at every stage of the arbitration (ICC Court of Arbitration Secretariat, 2002-2004); as counsel, managed all stages of arbitral proceedings in the sectors of energy, construction, pharmaceutical, distribution and general corporate, under the ICC and UNCITRAL Rules, other domestic arbitral institutions, with some experience under ICSID Rules; researched and drafted legal opinions on numerous issues of international arbitration (2005-present).
- “The contribution made by the reform to French arbitration law” (to be published in “Past, present and future of International Arbitration - Liber Amicorum Bernardo Cremades and Yves Derains, to be published by the Peruvian Arbitration Institute) (co-authored)
- “May courts in Latin American countries refuse recognition and/or enforcement of a foreign arbitral award that is being challenged at the place of arbitration?” (in Liber Amicorum Bernardo Cremades -La Ley, June 2010, pp. 273-289)
- “El sistema de arbitraje CCI” (“The ICC arbitration system”) in “Resolución Alternativa de Conflictos” (Alternative conflict resolution), Editorial Hammurabi, Buenos Aires, October 2010, pp. 415-472)
- “ICC” (Global Arbitration Review, 2006-2012–co-authored with José Rosell)
- “Current status of arbitration legislation in Argentina” (Journal of International Arbitration, vol. 21, no. 6, December 2004, pp. 519-538)
- “Notes on arbitration in Argentina” (article published in The Law and Business Review of the Americas, vol.9, no. 3, 2003, pp. 471-511)
- Guest lecturer on international arbitration at the University of Alcalá (Spain) (2005-2006) and the University of Le Havre (November 2010 and November 2011).