Andrew Chee Yin Chan
One Marina Boulevard #28-00
4 May 1992 – present at Allen & Gledhill LLP: Pupil (May 1992 - March 1993); Legal assistant (April 1993 - December 1995); Senior Legal Assistant (1996 - 1999); Partner (2000 to present)
American Arbitration Association-The International Centre for Dispute Resolution – Director; Singapore Institute of Arbitrators – Fellow; Chartered Institute of Arbitrators – Fellow; Law Society Insolvency Practice Committee - Member/immediate past Chairman; Insolvency Practitioners Association of Singapore – Fellow; International Insolvency Institute – Member; INSOL International – Member.
Singapore International Arbitration Centre; Singapore Institute of Arbitrators; Law Society Arbitration Scheme; Asian International Arbitration Centre.
Over the years, Andrew has been appointed arbitrator, counsel and given expert evidence in various arbitration matters.
List of Matters as Arbitrator
* Arbitration involving cross border sales of goods
* Arbitration involving sales of commodities utilizing the trade overseas rules
* Dispute in relation to alleged wrongful delivery of goods. Award issued.
* Arbitration between an American party and an Asian party involving questions of international sales of goods, letters of credit obligations and conflicts of laws.
* Arbitration between a European party and an Asian party in a leading Asian economy involving joint ventures foreign investments and conflicts of laws issues.
* Arbitration in relation to a hotel management dispute.
* Arbitration involving non delivery of good in a regional sales of commodities context.
Counsel in Arbitrations
* A dispute in an international arbitration involving oil products for distribution nationwide in Asian country between multinational companies and an Asian party; claim in excess of USD50 million.
* A dispute in an international arbitration involving cross border joint ventures in the transportation services arena among Asian parties where the claims were in excess of USD100 million.
* A dispute on financial instruments, where the claims were in excess of USD100 million.
* Dispute between a regional transporter and an advisor to the transporter, where the claim amount is in excess of USD60 million.
* Claim for the carriage of supply of goods cross border.
* Claim for the supply and manufacture of OEM consumer products in Asian countries.
* Claim in relation to hotel management.
* Claim in relation to failed investment in a South-east Asia multinational companies.
* Setting aside of award made in relation of the sales of vessels.
* Dispute in relation to a cross border investment in excess of USD100 million in an Asian joint venture.
* Dispute in relation to a contractual/joint venture in ASEAN.
* Dispute in relation to the allotment of shares in a regional company and in relation to a regional joint venture.
* Dispute in relation to joint venture relating to manufacture and supply of gas products between an Asian party and an Oceanic party.
* Dispute in relation to bilateral investment treaty/ ICSID arbitration between an Asian sovereign and parties claiming to be investors protected by the treaties
List of Matters as Expert
* Expert evidence (expert appointed by tribunal) in an international arbitration held in a European country, where expert evidence gave issues of Singapore company, agency and contract laws.