22/24 Nevsky pr., Suite 132
St. Petersburg 191186
Foreign legal consultant, Fulbright & Jaworski LLP, 1997; Lawyer, Gide Loyrette Nouel, 1995-1997; International Monetary Fund, 1996
ICC, Russia - Deputy Chairman of the Commission on International Arbitration; Russian Arbitration Association (RAA) - Board
Member; London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) - European Users Council; ICC Commission on Arbitration, Paris, France - Vice-Chair (2014-2017); International Bar Association (IBA) - Arbitration Committee Vice-Chair (2008-2009), Secretary (2006-2008); American Bar Association (ABA) - Russia-Eurasia Committee Vice-Chair; Association of Lawyers of Russia - Commission for Human Rights Member.
WIPO; ICDR; VIAC; SIAC; GIAC, AAA Energy Arbitrators List; Corte de Arbitraje de Madrid (Madrid Court of Arbitration); Vilnius Court of commercial Arbitration; Arbitration Court attached to the Economic Chamber of the Czech Republic; Arbitration Centre of Mexico (CAM); Arbitration Tribunal at St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce and Industry; International Arbitration Court “IUS”; International Commercial Arbitration Centre at Eurasian Centre for Dispute Resolution, Kazakhstan.
Handled more than 50 arbitration cases on behalf of Russian and foreign parties and government instrumentalities relating to commercial disputes, lending, sales of goods, building and construction matters, IP/IT matters, services matters etc. Acted as party appointed, sole arbitrator and tribunal member in commercial disputes (ICC, Moscow Intl. Arb. Court (ICAC), Stockholm Arb. Inst.). Ilya Nikiforov is consistently commended as Tier 1 Dispute Resolution practitioner by account of leading directories. Arbitration Group of the firm headed by Ilya Nikiforov is the only Russian practice listed in Global Arbitration Review worldwide Top 100 ADR Practices survey (ever since 2011).
Over 40 overall. Most important:
* Russian Law Deskbook (RLD). Russia Corporate, Financial, and Commercial Law, ed. Scott Alexander Shostak, 2018
* “Panorama of World Case Law – Russia”, in: The Paris Journal of International Arbitration, 2010-2018
* “Arbitration in the Russian Federation”, in: International Arbitration Practice in the 21st Century, eds. Paul Mason & Horacio Grigera-Naón, Lexis-Nexis, 2010
* “International Commercial Arbitration Practice in the Russian Federation”, in: International Arbitration Practice, Lexis-Nexis Publishers 2nd ed., 2012
* “Russia”, in: Arbitration World, The European Lawyer Reference Series, ed. W. Rowley, 3rd ed., 2010
* “Interpretation of Article V of the New York Convention by Russian Courts – Due Process, Arbitrability, and Public Policy Grounds for non-Enforcement”, in: Journal of International Arbitration, Vol. 25, № 6, December 2008
* Contributor to chapters on Russia’s commercial and securities laws
published as part of “Doing business in Russia” (“Business Laws”, Inc.)
* “Digest of Commercial Laws of the World” (Oceana)
* “International Securities Law” (BNA International)
* International Commercial Arbitration: Textbook / O. Skvortsov, M. Savranskiy, G. Sevastianov (eds.). St.Petersburg, Moscow, (2018)
* Civil law: Textbook / ed. A. Sergeev. Moscow (2018)
* Contracts for construction under the FIDIC rules: practical use and interpretation co-author with Lukas Klee (2016)
* The UNCITRAL arbitration rules 2010 (with the new paragraph 4 of article 1 adopted in 2013): Workbook (2015)
* Ilya Nikiforov is co-author of a prominent Commentary to the Civil Code of the Russian Federation (vol. I-IV, 2006-2018)
* Commentary to the Arbitration Rules of the Leading Arbitral Institutions / ed. R.Chlup (ed.) (2012)
* Over 100 publications on commercial laws and international private law & dispute resolution.