SCC Case 49/2002 - Chapter 6 - SCC Arbitral Awards: 2004-2009
Sarah François-Poncet, Secretary General, Chanel, Paris
Caline Mouawad, Counsel, King & Spalding, New York
Originally from SCC Arbitral Awards 2004-2009
VI. SCC CASE 49/2002
(1) Interpretation of a Bilateral Investment Treaty.
(2) Whether the Claimant had an asset which constituted an investment under the Bilateral Investment Treaty.
(3) Period of limitation under the Bilateral Investment Treaty.
(4) Costs incurred by the Respondent for legal representation.
(5) Apportionment of the arbitration costs as between the parties.
Observations by Sarah François-Poncet & Caline Mouawad