1. This case concerns a dispute submitted on the basis of the United States - Peru Trade Promotion Agreement dated April 12, 2006 (the “Treaty”) and the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules (2010).
2. The Claimant is The Renco Group, Inc. and is hereinafter referred to as “Renco” or the “Claimant.”
3. The Respondent is the Republic of Peru and is hereinafter referred to as “Peru” or the “Respondent.”
4. The Claimant and the Respondent are hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Parties.” The Parties’ respective representatives and their addresses are listed above on page (i).
II. PROCEDURAL HISTORY
5. This Decision disposes of the Respondent's several requests for interlocutory and other relief in relation to the Article 10.20.4 Phase of these proceedings. The background is as follows.
6. On December 19, 2014 the Tribunal issued its Decision as to the Scope of the Respondent’s Preliminary Objections under Article 10.20.4 dated December 18, 2014 (the “Decision on the Scope of Article 10.20.4” or the “Scope Decision”). The Spanish version of the Scope Decision was communicated to the Parties by the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (“ICSID” or “the Centre”) on February 13, 2015.
7. By communications dated January 2, 2015 the Parties informed the Tribunal of their agreed schedule for submissions relating to the Respondent’s remaining preliminary objection pursuant to Article 10.20.4.