Palestine - Chapter 11 - The Practitioner's Guide to Arbitration in the Middle East and North Africa
Haytham Al Zubi, Al Zubi Law Office
A. Arbitration Laws
1. Please identify by title and date the principal laws and regulations governing (i) domestic and (ii) international arbitration in your State.
• Arbitration Law No. (3) of 2000;
• Official Gazette, issue number (33), 30/60/2000;
• Resolution No. (263) of 2007 regarding the establishment of a constituent committee for the Palestine Arbitration Chamber.
2. Please provide an electronic link (i) to an English language translation of the laws and regulations identified in Question 1 above and (ii) to the Arabic text.
3. Are any of the laws and regulations identified in Question 1 above based on the UNCITRAL Model Arbitration Law, including UNCITRAL’s Revised Articles? If so, is this expressly stated in the relevant laws and regulations?
Palestinian Arbitration Laws are based, to a great extent, on the UNCITRAL Model Law. See, for example, Chapter Two of Arbitration Law No. 3 of 2000 pertaining to the arbitration agreement, and certain provisions of Chapter 3 of the said Law concerning the arbitration tribunal.