1. This case concerns a dispute submitted to the Centre on the basis of the BIT, which entered into force on November 9, 1999, and the ICSID Convention. The dispute relates to the delayed or prevented opening of several duty free stores, and to the breach of an exclusivity undertaking.
2. Claimant is Mr. Franck Charles Arif and is hereinafter referred to as “Mr. Arif” or the “Claimant.”
3. Claimant is a natural person having the nationality of the French Republic.
4. Respondent is the Republic of Moldova and is hereinafter referred to as “Moldova” or the “Respondent.”
5. Claimant and Respondent are hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Parties.” The Parties’ respective representatives and their addresses are listed above on page (i).