1. This case concerns a dispute submitted to the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (“ICSID” or the “Centre”) on the basis of the Treaty between the Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Argentina for the Promotion and Reciprocal Protection of Investments dated 9 April 1991 which entered into force on 8 November 1993. The dispute concerns a concession for the construction of toll highway and a bridge between cities of Rosario and Victoria and Argentina’s alleged breaches of Claimant’s rights under the BIT.
2. Claimant is Hochtief Aktiengesellschaft and is hereinafter referred to as “Hochtief” or “Claimant.”
3. Claimant is a company incorporated under the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany.
4. Respondent is the Argentine Republic and is hereinafter referred to as “Argentina” or “Respondent.”
5. Claimant and Respondent are hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Parties.” The Parties’ respective representatives and their addresses are listed above on page (i).